Open Call for Gallery Storefront Exhibition
La Ventana Amarilla is an exhibition space with special features where the artist must work adapting to it’s architectural peculiarities.
A space that provides direct visibility of the work to the public without any visual barriers. It seeks to give impetus and visibility to the work of the participating artist by encouraging the sale and sale of his work.
La Ventana Amarilla is a showcase on the street where every month a different artist creates an installation showing his work. The location of our headquarters (c / Santos nº 7) offers that opportunity for unparalleled visibility by bringing together both local and foreign public and tourists and a specialized public. The gallery is located in the center of Málaga, in the pedestrian zone and within the routes of the great cultural landmarks of our city, thus favoring an important pedestrian traffic. We have accommodated and are open to all kinds of artistic expressions.
You can find examples of previous installations in the history of La Ventana Amarilla
DATE OF CELEBRATION
Three proposals will be chosen among the participants to occupy the window on the dates:
● From May 14 to June 4, 2018
● From June 4 to 25, 2018
● From September 3 to September 24, 2018
All those producers and/or directors, individuals or legal entities that hold the rights to the works belonging to the submitted project.
● The complementarity of the exhibition project and the work presented will be assessed. The installation concept could be defined as the main value.
● The ability to combine an original concept and a formal art object that is accessible to the public in format and price will be assessed.
● The trajectory and innovative capacity of both the artist and the artistic project will be assessed.
● The exhibition project should be adjusted to a space of dimensions 191 x 150 x 34 cm. It consists of a glass wall (showcase) of 150cm wide by 190cm in height and two laterals of two white walls that corresponds to 34cm by a free height of 191.
● The project must not completely interrupt the visual permeability from the outside of the window to the gallery.
● The works that make up the project must be for sale. The price range should be broad. The objective is to cover a spectrum of potential buyers. The works must be delivered ready for exhibition. The artist must be present at the assembly, or else attach precise instructions and materials for it. La Casa Amarilla will provide basic materials and tools according to availability.
● Click here to find information about storefront measurements
● The exhibition in La Ventana Amarilla will last approximately one month. After this, the work will be deposited in our Art shop for a period of three months with its Take Away Art concept.
● The artist will receive 65% of the sale price of the works before taxes. The artist must have the ability to invoice the sales that occur.
● The artist must comply with the exclusivity of sales within the historic center during the deposit period, except for those establishments with which La Casa Amarilla has an agreement or in case of participation in collective or individual exhibitions.
Applications will be submitted through the online form enabled at the end of this page. The call will remain open until April 30, 2018 .
DOCUMENTATION TO BE DELIVERED
● Digital dossier in .pdf format that contains: description of the project, diagrams and technical characteristics of assembly, sizes of the works presented and images of them.
● Artist’s resume in .pdf format
No document should exceed 5MB. The files should be named as “name of the artist_proposal” and “name of the artist_CV” ..
For any doubt or query, write to firstname.lastname@example.org